Saturday, January 19, 2013

Greg Palast Love Alex Jones

I started this blog last year planning to write about weird stuff and conspiracies. It's occured to me I could get this blog off the ground just by linking to analyses of Alex Jones' appearance (and meltdown) on Piers Morgan's show.

I came across Greg Palast recently through a documentary he did on George W. Bush and family. Some parts of it were good, others seemed like a hatchet job. I figured the guy was a leftist.

According to this article I saw on Prison Planet's Facebook feed, he is really into Alex Jones. It's apparently a 4 part series he's writing on Alex Jones, Piers Morgan, and something to do with his penis. I won't be covering that one.

Greg Palast makes this comment in his article, which starts out good, then turns into a subjective Alex Jones love fest:

The yell from Alex’s throat was not his own voice alone – it was the choric cry of his millions of listeners in the forgotten heartland of America. It was the scream of the screwed.

Not sure I buy that one. Alex Jones doesn't do a good job of representing his listeners when he just piles it on, screaming and pointing.

Or, looking at it another way, his listeners may love it. But it's not going to do a thing to convince Piers Morgan's listeners (all 3 of them) to look up Alex Jones and start listening.

Or maybe Alex's behavior does represent his listeners, which makes me glad I no longer am one.

He also recently said he's the "de-facto leader of the liberty movement". No doubt, a lot of Alex Jones' listeners are looking for a leader. But that's the thing with being liberty minded: you don't need a leader. A truly liberty minded man is capable of leading himself. But then, a lot of Alex's calls are for "just tell us what to do, man. What do we do?"

I have some better Alex Jones stuff I'll break out soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment